From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Proposition - Gentoo 2007.1
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:38:43
1 On Friday, 30 November 2007 at 08:44:42 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > ...not gonna happen. For one, we don't *ever* have our release done 3
3 > weeks before we ship it. We pretty much release it the second it's
4 > completed.
5
6 I did not say the release had to be ready three weeks prior to shipping it.
7 Only that the articles would have to be written three weeks before the
8 release shipped, if we had an estimated release date. Anyway, it does not
9 matter.
10
11 > There is no plan. There are no dates. Any dates we ever give out are
12 > completely guesses and fairly arbitrary.
13 > [...]
14 > However, if that timeframe slips much more, we are likely dropping
15 > the release entirely.
16 > [...]
17 > If we're starting over, we'd just wait a couple months and start on
18 > 2008.0, instead.
19
20 Unless someone disagrees, I think the best course of action would be to inform
21 Sonny that we would rather wait immediately after the next release (whether
22 2007.1 or 2008.0) before commiting ourselves. I will also make sure to ask
23 him how much we will be paid. (In the meanwhile, we can still plan and do a
24 bit of research.) I will mail him tomorrow unless there are new elements of
25 discussion by then.
26
27 Cheers (and good luck for the release, Chris),
28
29 Olivier
32 Olivier Fisette (ribosome)
33 Gentoo Linux Developer