From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] (FYI) LWE-Boston
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:28:41
Donnie Berkholz wrote:

>I've got a fairly simplistic flyer focusing on the cluster group that >could be updated >( http://dev.gentoo.org/~spyderous/cluster/LWE-cluster-01-2004.pdf ), >and I can make up a flyer, some slides for a presentation, or whatever >for the desktop project, given some advance notice of a deadline. Those >seem like two areas that people are generally becoming more interested >in as Linux moves forward. It might be nice to have something talking >about our embedded and cross-compiling work too. > >
This is OT, but is adelie still doing Gentoo stuff? I haven't heard much since LWE 2 years ago..
>Obviously the generic "Gentoo features," maybe compare & contrast will >be a good idea too. But there simply won't be enough space to cater to >people interested in specific areas rather than just looking at another >distribution. > >
I think that is where the take-home documentation is crucial. We can give specifics about our distribution (what makes it unique) that the person may not catch on the floor, or may not have time to talk to the devs about. If this has to take up more than one page, then that's fine (a front/back page might do it). We've got a couple of people in our publications office who might be willing to help out with a flashy design too. (they did the side banners for our LWE-SF display, we can reuse those this year as well)
>I'd be happy to help with any work on creating or proofreading flyers if >they don't yet exist. In fact, I'd hate to see us publish anything >without my eyes seeing it. As far as I know, I'm the only person >involved with Gentoo who has spent time as a professional copy editor. >My design skills are reasonable too, but I'm not going to pretend I'm a >professional there. > >
Cool. Yeah, I think what we had over a year ago now is too outdated even if we found it, so why not start from scratch on this? FYI, here is a link to the slideshow that we had running on a pedestal at SF. We asked for content from all of the sub-projects, only hardened responded, so that's why there are a couple of slides that focus on that project. (content by me, design by blackace) http://dev.gentoo.org/~cshields/gentoo-lwe_r2.sxi Cheers! -C -- Corey Shields Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields -- gentoo-pr@g.o mailing list