From: "Simon P. Hough" <shough@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-pr@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Theory on Poster(s),size info, printer friendly.
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:43:50
1 Hey Bob,
2
3 As Sven says, contribute, contribute, contribute!:) (Ok maybe not so
4 many times:) )
5 Memebers of the PR team would examine the contributions, which would in
6 my mind
7 be under two groups, one which would be directly aimed at
8 advertising/media/pr etc
9 and the other would be a freestyle arena..
10
11 If you send contributions to the PR group then youre work will be
12 checked to see
13 if it adheres to the details given, i.e colors/font style etc... I am
14 not the "Standards
15 Nazi" :) Just keeping things to spec..
16
17 The Freestyle section would have no rules, obviously the common sense
18 rules. They
19 would propably be catagourized upon the webpage for users to download, and
20 probably get requests from us on alterations to spec them up for PR
21 purposes if
22 they had the time or wished to do so.
23
24 The more and more I think about it I feel that one of the primary things
25 which we need
26 to get sorted is a spec sheet.../me ducks a slap from Sven ;)
27
28 Cheers
29
30 Si
33 Robert G.Waycott wrote:
34
35 >============================================================
36 >From: "Simon P. Hough" <shough@×××××××××.net>
37 >Date: 2004/01/03 Sat PM 11:22:34 EST
38 >To: <gentoo-pr@l.g.o>
39 >Subject: Re: [gentoo-pr] Theory on Poster(s),size info, printer friendly.
42 >Everyone should/do contribute. What I am saying is that if the visual media
43 >is going to promote Gentoo to a large audience I personally feel it should
44 >stick
45 >to a few guidelines to keep the identity of Gentoo. Eventually I feel there
46 >should be like a "fan pack" where people can put pieces togther for a
47 >meeting/
48 >presentation..By fan pack I mean the sort of thing you find when you go to
49 >an official game website for instance, they usually have a zipped up file
50 >that
51 >contains loads of images for you to assemble and use in your webpage or LAN
52 >party posters... That pack insures that the style portrayed throughout
53 >the game is kept, so its identity is kept intact.
54 >
55 >Cheers
56 >Si
57 >
58 >gentoo-pr@g.o mailing list
59 >
60 >============================================================
61 >
62 >Si, I think you are right on with your thinking. As a guy who has headed up several organizations, created and directed several publications, and been responsible for the PR end of all these projects, there is nothing worse than trying to make sense out of chaos, and nothing as frustrating as getting a group of people to understand the necessity and benefits of consistency. I am pretty intrigued by your 'CSS' idea for posters/fan-packs/etc. I have been checking out the artwork that I've seen posted to the list lately, and it has been pretty good. I think there is a great need for consistency in any posters and other published visual goods meant for PR. This is, of course, the essence of public relations, right? That people ought to be able to look at something and say, "Yep, that's Gentoo." And this entails more than just slapping the Gentoo G on everything, doesn't it? Just to clarify my own intentions, my question was an inquiry on whether submissions/suggestions for PR materia are generally accepted/considered/encouraged--given that they are aligned with the Gentoo [PR] philosophy and media-specific standards. I hope that helps.
63 >
64 >Bob.
65 >[Neuros]
66 >