From: Ranjit Singh <ranjit@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-proctors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proctors] Proctors - An RFC about their role/powers
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:18:13
On Thursday 07 June 2007 23:38, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> The following document is part of a mail I've sent to the proctors@ > alias 6 weeks ago and that was my contribution to a discussion we were > having about the CoC and the proctors.
Thanks for sharing the info. It's nice to see some transparency (although Mr Marples' attempts to be transparent shows the difficulty.)
> At the time I didn't submit that document here, because there was no > such ml and we were still having an initial internal discussion.
Understood and perfectly reasonable.
> Since the team has yet to publish any document on this due to a variety > of reasons and that we've been accused of not working on this issue (I > say we, as a former member of the team), I think it's important to show > that claim to be false.
Er ok, although that makes the above a bit less of a given ;) Wrt to detractors, I have a feeling that many of those will be people who would be affected by the work of the team, and their cohorts. In my opinion all mail to proctors should be publically accessible. After all, it is sent in clear text to an official complaints address.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------- > Gentoo Proctors > > General Applicability / Enforcement Questions (to be answered by council?) > > What medium/channels?
Any and all with gentoo in the name. (R) anyone?
> What powers?
Equivalent to forum admin.
> What philosophy: punishments/preventive action?
> What are the available options for the different mediums (we need the > input from infra)
FFS you're programmers!
> Do we want/accept penalties/remedies crossing mediums? (Do we want a ban > from forums to extend to bugzilla?)
> Do we want/accept permanent bans? >
> What audience? > Do we address users and devs? (council said everyone)
> What powers can/will the proctors have over devs?
What? As above.
> Do proctors act on devs directly or through devrel? >
Directly with input from kloeri and g2boojum
> What proctors?
> Are proctors elected or appointed and by whom?
Elected from pool: forum admins, devrel and council.
> Are members elected/appointed for a mandate or for ad-eternum?
Mandate. wtf asked that?
> Who controls the proctors? (who watches the watchman?)
Er we do. Got it? :) <snip blah> Thanks for some sanity :) Flame on paludis minions!

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-proctors] Proctors - An RFC about their role/powers "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>