From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-proctors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proctors] Proctors - An RFC about their role/powers
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:49:53
1 It should be rather obvious by now that I don't think we need the
2 proctors.
3
4 Nevertheless, some points made below need to be addressed.
5
6 On Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:16:09 AM Ranjit Singh wrote:
7
8 > > Do we want/accept penalties/remedies crossing mediums? (Do we want a
9 > > ban from forums to extend to bugzilla?)
10 > Yes.
11
12 No. If the offender does behave on other mediums, why should he be banned
13 from those?
14
15 > > Do we want/accept permanent bans?
16 > Yes.
17
18 No! Everyone deserves another chance.
19
20 > > What audience?
21 > > Do we address users and devs? (council said everyone)
22 > ++
23
24 For devs we have DevRel.
25
26 > > What powers can/will the proctors have over devs?
27 > What? As above.
28
29 None.
30
31 > > Do proctors act on devs directly or through devrel?
32 > Directly with input from kloeri and g2boojum
33
34 For obvious reasons (kloeri retired), there should be no personal
35 involvement but groups only.
36
37 > > Are proctors elected or appointed and by whom?
38 > Elected from pool: forum admins, devrel and council.
39
40 Elected. From the developer community.
41
42 > > Who controls the proctors? (who watches the watchman?)
43 > Er we do. Got it? :)
44
45 The council and the developer community as they can vote for someone else
46 for the next term.
47
48 > Flame on paludis minions!
49
50 Would you kindly leave this out of here? Thanks!
51
52 Best regards, Wulf