From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] pre-GLEP: Gentoo OpenPGP web of trust
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 16:35:29
1 On 1/31/19 2:56 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Partner communities
3 > -------------------
4 >
5 > Both to improve global web of trust coverage, and to avoid requiring
6 > developers to travel abroad to meet other Gentoo developers, the policy
7 > accounts for establishing partnership with other communities using
8 > OpenPGP. Those partnerships will increase the chances that Gentoo
9 > developers and recruits will be able to obtain a valid signature nearer
10 > to their locality.
11 >
12 > In order to maintain a reasonable quality of signatures, only
13 > communities respecting similar rules will be accepted (e.g. verifying
14 > identities of developers). Additionally, the communities will be
15 > contacted first to avoid adding them against their will.
16
17 Just a partial comment at this point, but while I agree the partner
18 communities that we accept should be listed in wiki, I believe
19 addition/removal should be up to council if we make this mandatory.
22 Kristian Fiskerstrand
23 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
24 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3