From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] pre-GLEP: Gentoo OpenPGP web of trust
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 16:35:29
On 1/31/19 2:56 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
> Partner communities > ------------------- > > Both to improve global web of trust coverage, and to avoid requiring > developers to travel abroad to meet other Gentoo developers, the policy > accounts for establishing partnership with other communities using > OpenPGP. Those partnerships will increase the chances that Gentoo > developers and recruits will be able to obtain a valid signature nearer > to their locality. > > In order to maintain a reasonable quality of signatures, only > communities respecting similar rules will be accepted (e.g. verifying > identities of developers). Additionally, the communities will be > contacted first to avoid adding them against their will.
Just a partial comment at this point, but while I agree the partner communities that we accept should be listed in wiki, I believe addition/removal should be up to council if we make this mandatory. -- Kristian Fiskerstrand OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3