From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: GLEP - Require Projects to report to Council Monthly
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:27:22
1 On Friday, January 20, 2017 10:19:14 AM EST Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:47:46 -0500
3 >
4 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > If it is just one person, it is not really a project or team. Just
6 > >
7 > > someone scratching their itches.
8 >
9 > A project reducing itself to one person is not grounds for dissolution
10 > of a project.
11
12 There is nothing in the GLEP that suggests such. I am not proposing such or
13 seeking to even discuss. That would be another GLEP as to rules for formation
14 and dissolution of projects. The furthest I went was maybe, for many of the
15 reasons you stated. I am simply talking about reporting, not dissolution.
16
17 > Not a structure to rap us over the knuckles. ( Though sometimes both
18 > happens, its important to know which one happens in service of the other )
19
20 This has nothing to do with that. It is simply information being disseminate.
21 Just like some of what used to be in the GWN.
22
23 Example
24
25 "Important changes within the Java Project
27 A number of significant changes have happened within Gentoo's Java team...."
28 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-gwn/message/
29 ae1382e71f3d57fd971e004e5950d4d0
32 William L. Thomson Jr.