From: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 11:31:32
1 On 3/31/19 11:20 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > two weeks from today (2019-04-14) the Gentoo Council will meet at
5 > 19:00 UTC in the #gentoo-council channel on freenode.
6 >
7 > Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to put on
8 > the agenda to discuss or vote on.
9 >
10 > Thanks much,
11 >
12 > William
15 I'd like the council to discuss the issue and general trend of actions
16 (particularly recent) to restrict the ability of developers to
17 contribute to Gentoo. In my view, efforts are being made to make
18 contributions as users substantially easier, while efforts are being
19 made to make being a developer substantially harder. The months of
20 studying, quiz taking, and interviews set a bar that should make
21 contributions from those individuals that become developers easier than
22 the average user, not more difficult.
25 NP-Hardass