From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 08:34:09
1 Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
2 > On środa, 17 maja 2017 09:46:47 CEST Dale wrote:
3 >> Michał Górny wrote:
4 >>> On śro, 2017-05-17 at 01:54 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>>> Michał Górny wrote:
6 >>>>> On wto, 2017-05-16 at 17:17 -0500, Dale wrote:
7 >>>>>> Rich Freeman wrote:
8 >>>>>>> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >>>>>>>> What stops me, is seeing someone who wants to help get shut down by
10 >>>>>>>> others
11 >>>>>>>> just because they don't like him and in my opinion, targets him
12 >>>>>>>> whenever
13 >>>>>>>> possible.
14 >>>>>>> You're making assumptions about motives. The fact is that you don't
15 >>>>>>> have any knowledge about why some people aren't welcome in the
16 >>>>>>> community.
17 >>>>>> Actually, I'm basing it on what I can clearly see. If I can see it,
18 >>>>>> don't you think others can too? Again, ignoring it, trying to force
19 >>>>>> people not to talk about it, doesn't help the problem. Like I said, I
20 >>>>>> been around Gentoo for a long time. I won't be a dev because of lots
21 >>>>>> of
22 >>>>>> things over the years I've seen happen, most of them in public.
23 >>>>> No. You won't become a dev because you are not doing *anything* but
24 >>>>> talking. Just like a number of other people on this mailing list who are
25 >>>>> rejected because of lack of willingness to do anything useful, and then
26 >>>>> they claim that they reject Gentoo because it is so bad.
27 >>>>>
28 >>>>> Just FYI because I'm getting tired of this recurring theme.
29 >>>> So you are ignoring some of the possible solutions and changes I
30 >>>> included in my other posts? That is called doing something and I might
31 >>>> add, is more than most others are doing. Most others seem to want to
32 >>>> ignore the problems for a while longer. Then wonder why people keep
33 >>>> talking about it.
34 >>> No, I am ignoring most of your posts because I do not have time to read
35 >>> them. Those parts which I've read are long and talk of nothing. As far
36 >>> as I'm concerned, your contributions are 90% wasting others' time on
37 >>> reading what you wrote.
38 >>>
39 >>> Before you start solving problems in Gentoo, focus on problems with
40 >>> yourself.
41 >> Maybe you should take your own?? Since you ignore most of my posts, no
42 >> wonder you don't see the information I'm providing. You have to read
43 >> them to see it. If you don't want to read them, why are you commenting
44 >> on them? If I'm not going to bother to read your posts, I'm not going
45 >> to comment on it either. I read yours. Try reading mine or not
46 >> commenting thinking you know what is in it when you don't. So far,
47 >> your posts bring 100% nothing to the table. Your post is a 100% waste
48 >> of time. Maybe you need to work on that and actually discuss the topic
49 >> instead?
50 >>
51 >>>> Do you have any solutions you would like to post? Or do you just want
52 >>>> to ignore that someone just posted that they are "incredibly
53 >>>> disappointed in the Gentoo Java team."? How many more need to post
54 >>>> something like that before you actually post something that will help
55 >>>> solve the problem? Let's hear your ideas on a solution.
56 >>> One good solution would be to kick most of the non-developers out of
57 >>> this mailing list, so that discussion can focus back on Gentoo, and not
58 >>> on self-pity of one ex-dev diverted so any times that I have no idea
59 >>> what the topic is anymore. Last I read, it's about who is trolling who,
60 >>> and why trolling is good as long as you pretend it's important.
61 >>>
62 >>> Then maybe people will have time to work on Gentoo rather than be
63 >>> distracted by useless spam. Then maybe they will be able to accept
64 >>> contributions.
65 > [snip]
66 >> Since you mention spam. Your post brings absolutely nothing to the
67 >> topic.
68 > Michał first and foremost gets his hands dirty with actual work - bugfixing,
69 > package bumps, countless eclass/profiles/infra improvements.
70 > This is the 'anything useful' that was mentioned and is what is needed and
71 > most appreciated in Gentoo.
72 >
73 > Sending emails on mailing list with whatever brilliant idea just one might
74 > come up with while not being willing/able to realize with own hands -
75 > especially when related to meta problems like this one - is not kind of
76 > contribution Gentoo needs.
80 So what you are really saying is that Gentoo is not interesting in
81 improving the situation and no one needs to try to come up with any
82 ideas that might help?
83
84 If that is what you are saying, Gentoo will stay like it is and deserves
85 to remain there. What Gentoo is doing is the definition of insanity.
86 Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.
87
88 If this is the Gentoo plan, what has happened recently isn't the only
89 sad thing about this. The worst part is no none caring enough to do
90 anything to solve it except for one user.
91
92 Dale
93