From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Foundation Trustees 2010 election
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 02:52:03
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Dear Gentoo Foundation members,
5
6 We've come again to that time of the year when we need to cast our votes
7 for the Foundation. As announced[1] by the Gentoo Foundation[2]
8 President, Roy Bamford, the Gentoo Foundation is now opening an election
9 to fill the 3 seats in the Trustees that have reached the end of their 2
10 years term.
11
12 [1] -
13 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev-announce/msg_efbaddce8a500ae1469d808982b89dcb.xml
14 [2] - http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/
15
16 The nomination period started today and lasts until Saturday March 6th.
17 The election polls will be open from Monday March 8th to Sunday
18 April 4th. The elected trustees will start their term after the results
19 are published and before their first meeting on April 11th.
20
21 The election officials for this election will be Jorge Manuel B. S.
22 Vicetto[3], Ɓukasz Damentko[4] and Mathew Summers[5]. All officials will
23 keep a daily presence in #gentoo-trustees and #gentoo-elections for the
24 duration of the election. You can reach all the officials for this
25 election at the elections[6] alias.
26 The election officials will publish a page with all information about
27 this election that will be available from the Foundation Archives[7].
28
29 [3] - jmbsvicetto@g.o
30 [4] - rane@g.o
31 [5] - quantumsummers@g.o
32 [6] - elections@g.o
33 [7] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/trusteees/
34
35 To nominate a candidate, join the gentoo-nfp[8] mailing list. Trustee
36 nominations are open to the public; voting is limited to eligible
37 voters. Send all your nominations, acceptances and feedback to the
38 gentoo-nfp list[9]. Expect a mail from the Foundation Officers and
39 Election Officials about member details and with more info about this
40 election.
41
42 [8] - http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
43 [9] - http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/
44
45 If you have any doubts about the election or any corrections to the page
46 and lists, contact the election officials.
47
48 For the election officials,
51 PS - I take the full blame for the election being opened later than
52 expected, but I was out at FOSDEM.
53
54 - --
55 Regards,
56
57 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
58 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections