From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] adopt "sighted pages" system of german wikipedia for our wiki (was Call for agenda items -- Council meeting)
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 00:15:32
Dear all,

I would like to suggest that we adopt the "sighted pages" system similar as
used in the german wikipedia for our wiki, and am submitting that for mailing
list and council discussion and / or decision.

What does that mean?
* Anyone can still edit a page
* A limited amount of people can proofread a page and mark it as "correct"
(here: Gentoo devs).
* If you are browsing anonymously, you get the newest "correct" page.
* If you are logged in to the wiki, you get the newest page. If this version
has not been marked "correct" yet, that is displayed as warning message.

* If you browse an "official" wiki, you may expect some sort of "official"
documentation, not something where $Random_Dude has just inserted "rm -rf /*"
* However, we still want to encourage users to contribute.
* Using the "sighted pages" system may enable us to combine both advantages.
* On the long run, this may make it easier to move official documentation into
the wiki. (Having two incompatible doc formats will cause us pain.)

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer