From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council nominations
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 07:08:26
1 On 18/06/13 16:03, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 16/06/13 05:17, Ryan Hill wrote:
3 >> I think nominations are open now, so I will nominate Rich Freeman,
4 >> Petteri
5 >> Räty, Ulrich Mueller, Samuli Suominen, Robin H. Johnson, Mike
6 >> Frysinger, and
7 >> Michał Górny in no particular order.
11 > Thanks. I'll accept this time.
14 Not sure if this can be called a Manifesto, perhaps more like Shortie :-)
15
16 I've started using BSD, Linux back in 1995'ish with OpenBSD on Alpha
17 Workstation, at the same time still using OS/2 Warp on my x86 machine.
18 After ditching them, it was Debian up until Donnie Berkholz convinced me
19 to Gentoo over at #xorg, Freenode when X.org was going modular back in
20 2006'ish and Gentoo was the first distribution to adopt the modular
21 version. I've had my ups and downs meanwhile, in many regard. But I'd
22 like to see Gentoo still be the first distribution to adopt new
23 technologies. I hope I can push that agenda forward if elected; in any
24 case I'll try to do well considered acts.
25
26 IIRC, I've been on the council once before for a short period (when
27 someone dropped out) and declined two other cases where it was a tie.
28 I don't usually run on these things since it's simpler to just work in
29 peace ;-)
30 In any case with my health issues, backpain and related, this would
31 propably be the only time I can think running makes sense for /me/.