From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] How to improve detection of unmaintained packages?
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 08:51:34
1 On Sat, 2019-03-23 at 09:48 +0100, Toralf Förster wrote:
2 > On 3/23/19 8:32 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > Secondly, a fair number of
4 > > developers would just do this 'busywork' to every new bug just to avoid
5 > > the problem, rendering the measure ineffective.
6 > What's the rationale behind this for a dev? Claiming the package furthermore?
9 Well, let me expand how see it.
10
11 If we require that dev needs to touch *every* bug against the package to
12 avoid it being orphaned, we introduce a silly case of accidentally
13 orphaning packages just because developer failed to touch a single bug.
14
15 Therefore, some developers would just touch all bugs ASAP to avoid
16 the problem. However, it would only verify that the package is
17 'maintained' at a time the bug is filed and not afterwards.
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny