From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-05-14
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 15:15:35
1 On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
2 > In two weeks from now, the council will meet again. This is the time
3 > to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda
4 > to discuss or vote on.
5 >
6 > Please respond to this email with agenda items. Please do not hesitate
7 > to repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
8 > suggested one (since the last meeting).
9 >
10 > The agenda for the next meeting will be sent out on Tuesday
11 > 7th of May 2013.
12 >
13 > Please respond to the gentoo-project list for the items and have the
14 > actual discussion on the items on the best suited mailing list (usually
15 > gentoo-dev or gentoo-project).
18 I would like to get the council's opinion on enabling the
19 "preserve-libs" portage feature by default in the stable portage
20 branch.
21
22 This feature compliments the slot-operator feature introduced with
23 EAPI 5 by keeping libraries installed until reverse dependencies can
24 be rebuilt.
25
26 Zac Medico seems to be ok with it, but requested that I ask the
27 council to discuss it.