From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Elections Results for term 2014-2015
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 15:08:31
1 Am Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2014, 13:49:38 schrieb hasufell:
2 > Dirkjan Ochtman:
3 > > On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
4 > >> Doesn't that make the vote invalid?
5 > >
6 > > I don't see why it would. Maybe if voters would have known in advance
7 > > that their votes might be compromised.
8 >
9 > IMO, it doesn't matter if the violation had an effect on the result. It
10 > matters that there was a violation of procedure.
11
12 Sure it was a violation of procedure.
13
14 Problem is, *if* we re-vote, then knowledge about the first vote enters the
15 decision. Which is a very tricky thing and can easily be argued to make the
16 hypothetical re-vote invalid in itself.
17
18 Unfortunate as the situation is, at least the voters' decision was not
19 influenced by the later publication of votes.
22 Andreas K. Huettel
23 Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 http://www.akhuettel.de/