From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 election - Nominations Now Open
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 06:42:34
1 On 23-06-2020 22:30:45 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > You're running for a political position. As part of your agenda you're
3 > indicating you'd like to see fewer EAPIs around. As you probably know,
4 > there's quite a few developers that are actively working towards
5 > removing old EAPIs, and I'm one of them. I just happen to know that
6 > you've just committed an EAPI=5 ebuild last week, for no good reason.
7 >
8 > So to me it seems that your actions contradict your promises. In other
9 > words, in my opinion you're straight lying in your manifesto. I really
10 > dislike this kind of attitude, so I consider it appropriate to point it
11 > out publicly.
12
13 This doesn't follow logic. The claim of lying would mean Patrick
14 promised not to commit old EAPI-ebuilds or something. You're actively
15 making him look bad, for no good reason.
16
17 Fabian
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level