From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 14 August 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 00:03:34
1 On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 23:05:04 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > * User patches
5 > - Current wording of the spec requires that every ebuild includes a
6 > call to the apply_user_patches_here function in src_prepare.
7 > A alternative would be to apply user patches after src_prepare as
8 > a default, if the ebuild doesn't call the respective function.
9 > - Are we happy with the name apply_user_patches_here?
10 > (epatch_user? euserpatch?)
11 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/pms.git;a=commit;h=a8bf7862967cce36b7f1b408934a774126da2538<
12
13 I would like to add one more point here:
14 - The spec doesn't provide any kind of epatch function, so we will end
15 up having two copies of epatch, one for user patches, and the other
16 (from eclass) for ebuilds.
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny