From: Mike <mpagano@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] New project: GURU [Gentoo User Repository, Unreviewed]
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 18:32:34
1 On 2/4/19 12:06 PM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > On 2019-02-04 10:09 a.m., Alexis Ballier wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 09:43:53 -0500
4 >> Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 9:35 AM Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
7 >>> wrote:
8 >>>>
9 >>>> On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 15:13:36 +0100
10
11 Picking random message to reply to.
12
13 I guess we should figure out the level of support users can expect to
14 receive from using this GURU repo. If someone forks a package I
15 maintain and then a user has issues I'm not sure how much 'official'
16 support they can expect. Certainly for complicated ebuilds, with
17 'multiple right' ways of doing things, this could result in an
18 'official' maintainer being at odds with the 'unoffical' one. Maybe we
19 have that now?
20
21 I came to devship partly through Sunrise, also. The review process was
22 so intense that I knew not to even submit something with an extra space.
23 It was a great way to learn. At least for me. The review process was
24 never as 'agressive' as it seems to be, now. It was supportive and
25 helpful and the reviewing developers really wanted you to get better.