From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 17:58:15
1 On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 20:54:21 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > We're really getting into tinfoil hat territory here. You might as
4 > well argue what do we do if somebody on Infra logs onto our boxes and
5 > changes all the root passwords and kicks everybody out, then calls up
6 > the hosting companies and tells them to change the contact info, and
7 > then impersonates the officers and updates all the corporate
8 > registrations.
9 >
10 > Yeah, maybe in some hypothetical scenario such a thing might be
11 > possible. Then we pick up our phones and call each other up and get
12 > things straightened out. Sure, somebody in a position of power could
13 > probably take down the website for a few days or whatever, but it
14 > isn't like everybody who contributes is just going to say, "oh, I
15 > guess there is no Gentoo, oh well..."
16
17 Something similar has already happened at least twice. Infra said
18 they'd withdraw hosting and sponsorship unless certain developers were
19 removed from the project.
22 Ciaran McCreesh