From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:51:54
1 On Monday 19 May 2008 16:39:02 Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > Alistair Bush wrote:
3 > > It really isn't the Councils decision and the only thing they can do to
4 > > get themselves out of this situation is to hold an election. Firstly,
5 > > even tho this is absolutely minor , GLEP 39 has been "breached" and it
6 > > details what the solution is for that breach. Therefore that solution,
7 > > a new council via an election, _must_ be performed.
8 >
9 > Uh - the word "must" is a bit strong. Why "must" an election be
10 > performed? GLEP 39 is a document several years old, that probably
11 > pre-dates half of the devs here, and most likely most of the ones that
12 > were around weren't really envisioning that it be used in this way today.
13 Because that was the wording we voted on.
14
15 I'd say hold the election as GLEP 39 specifies and be done with the issue.
18 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
19 Gentoo Linux Security Team
20 --
21 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list