From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] What should the default acceptable licenses be?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 16:54:41
1 On 2019-01-28 23:27, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > It's very common to need firmware to use wired or wireless networking.
3 > I would not want to ship installation media without requisite
4 > firmware.
5
6 I don't think that sys-kernel/linux-firmware would be affected.
7
8 But if it would be affected, where's the problem? Just create
9 /etc/portage/package.license for that media.
10
11 Again, the main motion is for users starting with a fresh stage3 image.
12 Gentoo is about choices. So the only thing which will actually change is
13 an additional prompt because we are raising awareness...
17 Regards,
18 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
19 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5