From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: elections@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Nominations for 2011 to 2012
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:00:29
1 On 04.06.2011 20:09, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > On 02-06-2011 18:18, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 >> Gentoo Community,
4 >
5 >> In a few hours from now, at Fri June 3rd 00:00:01 UTC nominations for
6 >> the Gentoo council will open. Nominations will remain open for a period
7 >> of two weeks, until Fri June 17th 00:00:01 UTC.
8 >
9 >> Nominations are open to anyone. Candidates and voters are limited to
10 >> the roll call list
11 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/roll-call/userinfo.xml
12 >
13 > Hi.
14 >
15 > I'd like to nominate all the other current council members. It was a
16 > pleasure to work with all of you.
17 >
18 > Alex Alexander - wired
19 > Tomá? Chvátal - scarabeus
20 > Brian Harring - ferringb
21 > Patrick Lauer - patrick
22 > Petteri Räty - betelgeuse
23 > Tony Vroon - chainsaw
24
25 Thanks and I accept. I gave thought to if I should step down after all
26 these years but finally decided to run for a couple of reasons. I am
27 mentoring the council web application project in GSoC so it's probably
28 easier to put into production if I am part of the next Council too and
29 looking at the elections page there's 7 accepted candidates so by
30 accepting people get at least some say in the composition of the
31 council. Hopefully it's just lacking in updates but I didn't go through
32 the effort to see how much behind the page is.
33
34 Regards,
35 Petteri