From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo Foundation
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 21:56:02
1 On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 05:54:35PM -0400, Aaron Bauman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 01:49:58AM +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 > > > Isn't it about time we quit pinning the mistakes of the past on the
4 > > > officers of the present?
5 > >
6 > > Well, yes. Though, we tried something in the past, it didnt work, we should do
7 > > it different in the future.
8 > >
9 > > > From what I understand, the present and recent
10 > > > officers have made extraordinary efforts to rectify the shortcomings of
11 > > > previous trustees
12 > >
13 > > And that's great.
14 > >
15 > > But are you sure that we should require continuous "extraordinary efforts"
16 > > from trustees in the future, just to keep things running?
17 > >
18 > > FWIW, I endorse antarus / Alec for trustee. :)
21 No, once fixed, the books will likely be continued to be done by a full time CPA.
24 Cheers,
25 Aaron