From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2021-04-11
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 14:09:34
1 On Wed, Apr 7, 2021, 21:51 Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o> wrote:
5 > On 4/7/21 9:31 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
6 > > Hi everyone,
7 > >
8 > > on 11 April at 19:00 UTC the Gentoo council will meet again at
9 > #gentoo-council. Please provide agenda items you would like to be discussed
10 > and voted on as a reply to this email.
11 > >
12 > > Cheers,
13 > > Andreas
14 > >
15 > Hey,
16 >
17 > Can we start using git as the default sync-type on new installations?
20 No.
21
22 Why hasn't this been switched yet?
25 We don't have the infrastructure to support this yet. E.g. if we told
26 people to do it our anon git service would likely fall over and stop
27 working.
30 > If nothing else the handbook should noticeably mention git-syncing as an
31 > alternative.
34 > -- juippis