From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: RFC: a few new rules for repositories in repositories.xml
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:32:56
1 On Fri, 15 May 2015 09:12:32 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > 4. Repositories need to conform to at least basic rules enforced by
5 > > the PMS or the common subset of features supported by Portage,
6 > > pkgcore and Paludis.
7 >
8 > I wonder about this wording. Just say that repositories shall conform
9 > to PMS.
10 >
11 > That doesn't preclude someone from using their own package manager
12 > fork and their own (non-PMS) EAPIs in a repository.
15 Am I missing something or are those 2 lines contradictory ?
16 (conform to pms vs using non pms eapi)