From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: trustees@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Bad license and attribution by ChromiumOS and CoreOS
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 04:41:16
1 While we agree that the README can be misleading, that was certainly not the
2 point and has been updated:
3 https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/overlays/portage-stable/+/master/README
4
5 The history indicates this was more a matter of copy & paste from another repo,
6 as well as trying to please an over-eager presubmit license check (said check
7 was later disabled for this repo).
8
9 However, we do not see there being any compliance issues, so no further action
10 will be taken at this time.
11
12 If anyone still has concerns/inquiries, please provide your contact info and
13 we'll be happy to reach out personally to try to address them.
14
15 <personal opinion>
16 Lets follow Rich's suggestions and strike a more cordial tone. Both sides only
17 have the best of intentions here.
18 </personal opinion>
19 -mike