From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo dev announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: Re: Git workflow GLEP (Was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items, council meeting 8/October/2017 18:00 UTC)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 19:56:39
1 On 09/28/2017 09:46 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > W dniu czw, 28.09.2017 o godzinie 11∶06 +0200, użytkownik Kristian
3 > Fiskerstrand napisał:
4
5 >> (2)(a) Should Bug be a generic indicator for bug information, including
6 >> upstream bugs, or; (b) do we want to separate upstream / other
7 >> information in e.g a References: field that can be used for other bugs
8 >> and descriptions (including security advisories etc).
9 >
10 > As far as I'm concerned, one indicator for all bugs is enough,
11 > especially that in some cases projects have Gentoo upstream which blur
12 > the line between upstream and downstream bugs.
13 >
14 > As for CVEs and other uncommon stuff, I don't have a strong opinion. If
15 > you expect some specific machine action for them, it'd be better to have
16 > a unique tag though.
17
18 I'm actually thinking more of link to things like advisories and
19 mailing list discussions with a Reference tag in this case, which can
20 also be used along with e.g a URI to e.g a debian bugtracker for same
21 issue if picking a patch etc
24 >> If so (c) is there
25 >> a benefit in using a full URI for Bug; or should this be reduced to only
26 >> the number,
27 >
28 > Only full URIs are acceptable. Numbers are ambiguous. The repository
29 > and commits within it are mirrored to various sources, can be included
30 > in external repositories and so on. We don't want to start closing
31 > accidental bugs all over the place just because someone cherry-picked
32 > a commit without escaping all references Gentoo developers left.
35 Which could also be seen as an argument for Gentoo-Bug: XXXXXX
38 Kristian Fiskerstrand
39 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
40 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3