From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] IRC channel clean up
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 14:25:43
1 Hi,
2
3 I don't if only I feel this way, but I think we have too many IRC
4 channels. So a little clean up would be great:
5
6 These are to stay:
7 #gentoo
8 #gentoo-dev
9 #gentoo-groupcontacts
10 #gentoo-ops
11
12 #gentoo-alpha
13 #gentoo-amd64
14 #gentoo-amd64-dev
15 #gentoo-arm
16 #gentoo-bsd
17 #gentoo-hppa
18 #gentoo-hurd
19 #gentoo-ia64 Gentoo Linux/IA-64
20 #gentoo-mips Gentoo Linux/MIPS
21 #gentoo-osx Gentoo Linux/OSX
22 #gentoo-powerpc Gentoo Linux/PowerPC (PPC and PPC64)
23 #gentoo-sparc Gentoo Linux/Sparc
24 #gentoo-x86 Gentoo Linux/x86 development
25
26 The ones that can go in my opinion (at least from this listing):
27 -hurd, -arm (already dead, -embeeded is the choice), -osx (not
28 available on Freenode anyway). Because the -x86 channel only has about
29 20 permanent residents, I propose to join with amd64 (we are related!)
30 in a dev channel.
31
32 #gentoo-accessibility The Accessibility project
33 #gentoo-apache Gentoo Apache development related chat
34 #gentoo-bugs Gentoo BugDay Events, Gentoo Bug Fixing
35 #gentoo-cluster Gentoo Linux/Clustering
36 #gentoo-council Gentoo Council
37 #gentoo-commits Real-time Gentoo CVS/SVN commit information
38 #gentoo-db Database-related Packages and Discussion.
39 #gentoo-desktop Developers & Users, all things desktop
40 #gentoo-dev-help Ebuild Writers' Workplace
41 #gentoo-devrel The Developer Relations project
42 #gentoo-doc Gentoo Documentation Development
43 #gentoo-embedded Embedded Gentoo Linux
44 #gentoo-eselect Gentoo's modular framework for administrative
45 #gentoo-events Planning and Real-Time Chat
46 #gentoo-forums Gentoo Forums related
47 #gentoo-games Gentoo Linux native gaming discussion (no
48 #gentoo-guis Gentoo GUIs Project
49 #gentoo-hardened Hardened Gentoo Linux
50 #gentoo-haskell Haskell Packages
51 #gentoo-installer Gentoo Linux Installer chat
52 #gentoo-java Java related chat
53 #gentoo-kde KDE package maintainance
54 #gentoo-kernel Gentoo Kernel development discussion
55 #gentoo-gmn Gentoo Monthly Newsletter
56 #gentoo-laptop Laptop related chat
57 #gentoo-lisp Gentoo Lisp related chat
58 #gentoo-media Gentoo multimedia development
59 #gentoo-mirrors Gentoo mirrors and administration chat
60 #gentoo-netmail Mail-related packages
61 #gentoo-netmon Network Monitoring Packages
62 #gentoo-perl All things Gentoo perl
63 #gentoo-php Gentoo PHP discussion/support
64 #gentoo-portage Gentoo Portage Development
65 #gentoo-pr The Public Relations project
66 #gentoo-prefix The Gentoo Prefix project
67 #gentoo-python Gentoo Python discussion/support
68 #gentoo-qa Gentoo Quality Assurance
69 #gentoo-releng Gentoo Release Engineering internal discussion
70 #gentoo-ruby Ruby on Gentoo
71 #gentoo-science Gentoo Scientific Project
72 #gentoo-security Discussions about the security of Gentoo Linux
73 #gentoo-server Server related chat
74 #gentoo-soc Our participation in the Google Summer of Code
75 #gentoo-sunrise Project Sunrise - Gentoo User Overlay
76 #gentoo-toolchain Discussion about the Gentoo toolchain (GCC,
77 #gentoo-treecleaners Gentoo Tree Cleaning
78 #gentoo-trustees The Trustees of the Gentoo Foundation
79 #gentoo-userreps This is where you can find and speak with the
80 #gentoo-vbox Support and development
81 #gentoo-vdr Gentoo VDR and DVB
82 #gentoo-vim Gentoo Vim discussion
83 #gentoo-voip Voice over IP related Discussion
84 #gentoo-vps Gentoo Virtual Private Server related chat
85 #gentoo-web Everything web- and webapp related (on Gentoo of
86
87 What about removing -vim (nearly empty and too special), -vps (join
88 with -server?), -installer (deprecated project). What more suggestions?
89
90 #gentoo-au Australia
91 #gentoo-be In het Nederlands
92 #gentoo-br Português do Brasil
93 #gentoo-by На беларускай мове
94 #gentoo.cs česky a slovensky
95 #gentoo-cn 简体中文
96 #gentoo.de Auf Deutsch
97 #gentoo-dk På Dansk
98 #gentoo-el Στα Ελληνικά
99 #gentoo-es En español
100 #gentoo-fi Suomeksi
101 #gentoofr En français
102 #gentoo-id Komunitas Pengguna Gentoo Indonesia
103 #gentoo-in Support for Indian Gentoo Users and Indic localization
104 #gentoo-it In Italiano
105 #gentoo-ja 日本語で
106 #gentoo-nl In het Nederlands
107 #gentoo-no På norsk
108 #gentoo-pl Po Polsku
109 #gentoo-pt Em Português
110 #gentoo-ro Discuţii în limba română
111 #gentoo-ru На русском языке
112 #gentoo-se På svenska
113 #gentoo-tr Resmi Gentoo Türkiye kanalı
114 #gentoo-tw 使用繁體中文(台灣)
115 #gentoo-ua Українською
116 #gentoo-uk United Kingdom
117 #gentoo-ve Venezuela
118
119 Don't know about all these.
120
121 V-Li
124 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
125 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
126
127 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>