From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [gentoo-nfp] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018 - update1
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 04:11:00
1 I would be curious who actually has the authority to make such a
2 report in the first place.
3
4 I'm not exactly sure on NM law, but as far as I know in general, only
5 the legal owner of a piece of property or someone acting on their
6 behalf has the authority to press charges for such things. So infra
7 or council or what have you couldn't actually be the ones to act on a
8 ban evasion unless they had authorization from trustees (even if
9 indirectly). IANAL though.
10
11 My guess though is that some formalization of the foundation's control
12 over infrastructure would clarify such authority going forward if
13 necessary.
14