From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Dane Smith (c1pher)
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 20:02:32
1 Been slacking on this for a while so time to do something about it. As
2 the nick implies Dane is joining us from Buffalo, New York to maintain
3 various crypto packages. I'll let you guys come up with the comedy
4 relief this time and just let his own words speak for himself:
5
6 I have an extensive background in Mathematics and Cryptography. I'm also
7 starting to work with Information Security and Computer Security.
8 I also have a sound background in Networking.
9
10 I'm a math geek who just graduated from SUNY at Buffalo. I like to run,
11 ski, cycle, and play squash. I enjoy puzzles and programming. I have a
12 younger brother who I am still desperately trying to convert to the Open
13 Source world, a father who I have successful converted to Linux, and a
14 close friend who I got interested in Gentoo years ago.
15
16 Regards,
17 Petteri