From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] [RFC] 'Gentoo in 2020' summary
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 08:35:57
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 I think it would be really great if we could publish a summary of
4 (good) things that happened in Gentoo in 2020. We weren't able to
5 maintain Gentoo Weekly Newsletter, nor Monthly. However, we might be
6 able to manage at least a yearly Newsletter ;-).
7
8 I know I'm going to regret this but I volunteer to take care of
9 combining and publishing the data. Nevertheless, I'd really appreciate
10 if you could reply to this mail with ideas of what you think would be
11 worth listing. I'd also use a native English speaker for editorial
12 help.
15 Please reply with your ideas in the form of:
16
17 [sort-key] **A short sentence summarizing the change.** 1-3 sentences
18 of detailed explanation.
19
20 I think we'll publish this on the website, so please use Markdown
21 and possibly link to the relevant projects. The idea is that the users
22 can skim through the changes in bold, and decide whether they want to
23 read on.
26 Example:
27
28 [dist-kernel] **The [Distribution Kernel](https://...) project was
29 launched to install kernels directly from ebuilds.** To lower
30 the entry barrier and maintenance effort, the project also provides
31 a stock configuration for popular architectures based on Fedora.
34 I think we'll then split it into a few groups. I'm thinking of:
35
36 1. New developers (yay!).
37 2. Major changes (focused on things impacting end users).
38 3. Other changes.
41 WDYT?
44 Best regards,
45 Michał Górny