From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Fabio Erculiani (lxnay)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:18:48
1 This one is going to be a bit more interesting/controversial than your
2 usual recruit. We have Fabio "lxnay" Erculiani from Riva del Garda
3 (Trento), Italy. Fabio is better known as the guy behind Sabayon Linux.
4 There is some negative history between Fabio and Gentoo developers that
5 hopefully we are able to leave behind and Fabio will be contributing
6 back upstream according to our rules. I was supposed to finish
7 recruiting him already earlier this month after he came back from
8 holiday but we had problems scheduling and executing the final touches
9 but it's done now. Fabio will be initially working with the Portage and
10 KDE teams.
11 Here's what Fabio tells about himself: "My name is Fabio Erculiani, I
12 live in a small town in the north of Italy, I work as freelance Unix
13 consultant, actually full time @ itsme.it, I'll be back to school soon
14 hoping to graduate ASAP. I am the Chief Arch of Sabayon Linux, a
15 Gentoo-based binary distro. I live with my girlfriend in a small
16 apartment and I have a dog called "Doc", she's an Italian Greyhound,
17 runs very fast. I am completely absorbed by the Gentoo philosophy that
18 before smoking i always run "emerge sigarette", meaning that, for me
19 making cigarettes equals to compiling them (I smoke Van Nelle). My
20 second hobby is astronomy and car races (F1 actually), I love karting
21 too! Oh, I forgot, I drink red-bull, trying to quit actually."
22
23 Now is a good time to take some cheap shots at Sabayon.
24
25 Regards,
26 Petteri