From: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Heath Caldwell (hncaldwell)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 02:48:17
1 On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, [UTF-8] Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 > Joining us from the sunny California is Heath Caldwell.
4
5 Woo-hoo!
6
7 > Heath works as a Operating Systems Analyst for California State
8 > Polytechnic University and his employer was gracious enough to let him
9 > spend some of his work hours working on the Gentoo ebuilds. In all
10 > likehood they have a nice Gentoo based kerberos setup running there.
11
12 Indeed we do; in addition to running kerberos under Gentoo, we are also
13 running our production SMTP gateways, LDAP servers, DNS servers, ... pretty
14 much everything that isn't an evil proprietary blackbox (blackboard,
15 Oracle, blech) runs on Gentoo (the black boxes get Red Hat).
16
17 It's going to be nice finally having an "inside man" :)...
21 Paul B. Henson | (909) 979-6361 | http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
22 Operating Systems and Network Analyst | henson@×××××××××.edu
23 California State Polytechnic University | Pomona CA 91768