From: Cynede <cynede@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] pre-GLEP: Gentoo OpenPGP web of trust
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 14:17:41
1 On Fri, 2019-02-01 at 13:47 +0100, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > > I don't see anything in glep 76 about requiring verification of the
3 > > signatures. It's my view (as trustee) that assertation by the
4 > > signer
5 > > that 'this is my signature' is sufficient.
6 >
7 > ^ This.
8 >
9 > It's not our business to check IDs, and it's not our business to
10 > stalk people
11 > on google or facebook.
12 >
13 > Now if someone says "Here's my name, and actually it is a fake name",
14 > then
15 > that is a reason to refuse commit rights or patch acceptance, and
16 > probably ask
17 > for some sort of verification when another name is then given.
18 >
19 > (That behaviour is roughly as intelligent as walking up to the
20 > security guy at
21 > the airport and claiming loudly "I have a bomb in my luggage.")
22 >
23 > Apart from that, I dont think we should care.
26 I agree.
27
28 I'd like Gentoo to support pseudonyms (for the purposes of privacy) as
29 FSF projects does, and in that case ID/webcam verification with OpenPGP
30 keys being signed by members of trustee makes real sense. (probably
31 that could be off-topic here)
34 Cynede