From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] [project] Re: Default src_install for EAPI-2 or following EAPI
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 01:25:11
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> posted
4 > gb6pop$997$1@×××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Mon, 22 Sep 2008 01:35:57
5 > +0100:
6 >
7 >>> This is an old rhetorical trick (I don't know its name in English): You
8 >>> impute that I claimed things which I never said - of course, then it is
9 >>> easy for you to prove that these things are wrong.
10 >> What, like saying my point was only about saving two tokens?
11 >>
12 >>> I _never_ suggested to use code from stone-age for ebuilds
13 >> You did as far as I am concerned.
14 >
15 > Careful please, both of you. This bit looks like it could be headed
16 > personal, and I don't believe that's in the interest of anyone.
17 >
18 Eh, I feel that's slightly taken out of context, in that we both smiled at
19 each other during the course of the discussion, and I wouldn't have made
20 such a long post if I hadn't both respected Vaeth and thought it was a
21 technical discussion (now that we have project. I'm cross-posting this for
22 for those who only follow dev; please follow up to project if you wish to
23 comment further.) I did thank him at the end too, to keep it civil.
24
25 Having said that, you're right that it could be read like that, and I
26 applaud your acting to stop any suggestion of it.
27
28 Guess I was being a bit Germanic ;-)