From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-09-09
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 16:07:27
1 Dnia 2014-08-30, o godz. 14:54:45
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > I've got an item for the agenda myself:
5 >
6 > mgorny started a thread about the future of dohtml on gentoo-dev [1].
7 > Nobody has spoken up in favour of keeping the function.
8 >
9 > So, I am asking the council to discuss and vote on the following
10 > questions:
11 > - Should dohtml be banned from the package manager?
12 > - If yes, what would be the time frame? We could ban it in EAPI 6
13 > already. Alternatively, we could deprecate it now and ban it in some
14 > later EAPI.
15 > - Do we need a substitute in an eclass? (Note that dohtml in Portage
16 > is written in Python, so it would have to be rewritten from
17 > scratch.)
18 > - If the answer to the first question is no: Should einstalldirs in
19 > EAPI 6 use dodoc -r for HTML_DOCS, instead of dohtml?
20
21 We should also decide how to prepare developers for the change. I think
22 we could enable warnings for skipped files in earlier EAPIs -- if EAPI
23 6 will not provide any direct replacement for dohtml, developers may
24 already start replacing it with dodoc.
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny