From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Leadership Structure
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 00:33:12
1 On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 19:46 -0400, Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > I was thinking a little of some of pros/cons of how Gentoo is organized,
3 > and maybe a few steps would help to improve it a little. I'd consider
4 > this really to just be an item for discussion in terms of longer-term
5 > goals - not something that we should try to institute as a knee-jerk
6 > response to the current GLEP 39 debate.
7
8 Just to clarify one thing. Allot of my thoughts, some of those of other
9 board members, etc. Were in place long before the GLEP 39 issue. Any
10 action the trustees are taking now is by no means a knee-jerk reaction.
11 If anything it has simply expedited the time line of things that were to
12 come and be discussed either way.
15 William L. Thomson Jr.
16 amd64/Java/Trustees
17 Gentoo Foundation