From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Some focus for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 09:09:21
1 On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 09:43:23PM -0600, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Wanted to share my thoughts on where I think Gentoo should go, in terms
3 > of direction. Would love to hear your thoughts.
4
5 Agree in general.
6
7 Gentoo does provide a good environment for development. I am not sure
8 about how much awareness there is in the community though.
9
10 Not enough experience with embedded but agree that flexibility is/should
11 be a major point.
12
13 Meh for people wanting to learn linux. I see your point but am not sure
14 if it is really relevant in this time and age.
15
16 As a side note, Gentoo for production is certainly doable and has some
17 advantages provided that one has the necessary knowledge/ability
18 in-house.
19
20 I am assuming that you want to focus distrowide efforts into points you
21 mentioned in your blog. Great news as some focus and direction will
22 help. Yay for bringing it up.
25 Eray