From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Corporate affiliations of Council members
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 21:02:17
1 Am Montag, 22. Juni 2020, 19:18:43 EEST schrieb Michał Górny:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Here's another question for the Council nominees. I'd like to ask
5 > the Council members to disclose their corporate affiliations,
6 > in particular whether they are employed or in partnership with companies
7 > using Gentoo or Gentoo derivatives.
8
9 I'm affiliated with (though currently not paid by) a university in Germany,
10 and currently employed by a university in Finland.
11
12 My research group in Germany uses Gentoo for measurement control. That's my
13 decision, mostly because I know it best and because it's waaay more uptodate
14 than the IT department-provided Debian. Also it helps to be able to fix bugs
15 myself. :)
16
17 Apart from that I am not paid for anything Gentoo, and no third parties
18 significantly influence my Gentoo-related decisions.
21 Andreas K. Hüttel
22 dilfridge@g.o
23 Gentoo Linux developer
24 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)