From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 00:22:35
1 I think you should be more concerned with the fact there has not been a
2 single new developer yet in 2017. Rather than trying to further
3 restrict and limit a community that is NOT attracting new blood or
4 growing really. Which was one of the fastest growing communities.
5
6 It is sad when people cannot use means like Comrel or violations of
7 CoC to control things as they see fit. Then they seek other means to
8 limit, control, and filter people. That is hardly an open society, much
9 less accepting or tolerant.
10
11 Still trying to address social issues with technical solutions rather
12 than being social. Getting to know someone. So could say send an email,
13 or IRC. "Hey chill out man"....
14
15 Lets by all means not be friendly and use childish technical things to
16 restrict people. That could be circumvented if someone had the will.
17 With NO legal recourse.... The whole thing is stupid, childish and
18 petty.
19
20 Things have ebbs and flows. These lists go through periods of
21 inactivity. Then people freak out when they become active. Usually a
22 vocal minority having issue with dead lists becoming active.
23
24 Once again on some power trip to control others. While they are NOT
25 doing work... Just getting in the way of others who are...
26
27 Yet those very same do not want any control place on themselves within
28 Gentoo. They just want to control others outside. The whole thing is
29 ridiculous and Gentoo needs some serious house cleaning with people who
30 need to go. People need to stop with the power trips, and stop thinking
31 that individuals are Gentoo. No one person represents Gentoo.
32
33 For as much noise as I make. I do even more work. For others who stay
34 silent and seek to get in the way of people like myself. They tend to
35 contribute much less. To bad people cannot look at their own negative
36 impact. Really just hurting Gentoo. Making it past denial is the hardest
37 step.
38
39 The only reason Gentoo Java is still suffering. PRs open from users for
40 over a years. I mentioned months ago. While others stack up. That is
41 directly due to people like Andreas. It would be one thing if he found
42 others. But that is the saddest part. They drive the few away willing
43 to the work. Their conduct does not attract new people. Nor do they do
44 the work themselves. They just cause major neglect.
45
46 In tech when something bit rots people do not flock to fix it. They
47 migrate away from it. Java is pretty much already past the state of no
48 return on Gentoo. Not without major changes and a team of people
49 working on the stuff.
50
51 Even those with mathematical minds are not crunching the numbers. Are
52 they really mathematical as claimed?
53
54 X amount of packages, N amount of developers. Given attrition, lack of
55 new developers, and exponentially growing packages. There is a major
56 problem. Which can easily be seen by doing some math....
57
58 No discussions or concerns on the lack of new developers. The last ones
59 added were not even new. They had been around for a long time..
60
61 Good stuff. Lets keep broken bit rot toys to ourself... Others will
62 come fix. Yeah right....
65 William L. Thomson Jr.