From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Another 2 bite the dust
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:01:44
1 On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:01:47 +0100
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > Jacub, one of the best developers around that actually cared about
4 > > the service we provide to our users was suspended while trying to
5 > > do so, and now he is not active anymore.
6 > >
7 > Yeah they'll fsck up quick without him imo. They did when they
8 > suspended him, and they weren't exactly gracious about asking him
9 > back, despite their clear desperation. Seems like pride is the
10 > hardest thing to swallow ;)
11
12 I was really trying to stay out of this, but your sycophantic toadying
13 is going a bit far... Gentoo did just fine before Jakub showed up, and
14 had far fewer invalidly closed bugs that would have been fixed if only
15 the maintainer had seen them. The only reason there's an issue now is
16 that Jakub managed to scare off everyone else who ever did wrangling,
17 turning it into a one man show.
20 Ciaran McCreesh