From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Council Election Reminder
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 05:26:22
1 Just a reminder that the council election is (and has been) open and
2 will close on the 9th at 00:00:00 UTC. So get your votes in while you
3 can.
4
5 Those who are eligible to vote in this election are all current Gentoo Developers at the day before the election was opened.
6
7 How do I cast my vote for this election?
8
9 After polls are open, voters should login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following commands, in the order specified.
10
11 * votify --new council-201706 — This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
12 * Edit the .ballot-council-201706 file and rank the candidates.
13 * Once you're sure, run votify --verify council-201706 to check the validity of the ballot.
14 * If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit your vote using votify --submit council-201706
15 * In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on Freenode IRC. If you think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials.
16 * Grab a coffee or a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show...until the results are announced.
19 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)