From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Tracking Project Leads and Election Dates on the Project Pages
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 23:05:01
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 During the last council meeting, the question of tracking project leads
4 was discussed. According to GLEP 39,
5
6 [A project] may have one or many leads, and the leads are selected by
7 the members of the project. This selection must occur at least once
8 every 12 months, and may occur at any time.
9
10 The Council would like to encourage all projects to record who the leads
11 are and when the last election took place on the project pages of the
12 wiki. Having said that, the council understands that not all projects
13 strictly adhere to GLEP 39: they either operate without a lead or they
14 don't hold regular elections. If this is working for a project, then it
15 is not our purpose to tell you to change your practice. However, if a
16 project does have a lead and elections are regularly held, please note
17 that on the project home page. We're hoping to track the leads so that
18 we have a point of contact for each project.
19
20 Speaking from personal experience, I've never found the leadership
21 structure of Gentoo "oppressive". We are a loosely tied group. While
22 this has advantages it also has the disadvantage of making communication
23 difficult. So, its good to have a person, a lead, who is the point of
24 contact for the project.
25
26 Thanks for your attention to the matter.
29 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
30 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
31 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
33 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA