From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Matthew Summers (quantumsummers)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 15:33:16
1 It's my pleasure to introduce Matthew Summers (quantumsummers) as a
2 new developer in Gentoo. Matthew will be our new Trustees secretary.
3
4 Matthew joins us from Springfield, MO, USA, where he is the co-founder
5 and CEO of Liquidus Tech, LLC. We have been very lucky to get help
6 from him and some of his interns for a few months. The internship
7 program he is hosting is helping out with some of our documentation as
8 well as refactoring Beacon to the Django framework. Beacon, for those
9 who don't remember, was the SoC project of Anant Narayanan for a
10 web-based WYSIWYG GuideXML editor. For SoC 2008 Anant has been
11 mentoring Nandeep Mali whose project is to improve Beacon, so this
12 project is far from dead.
13
14 Matthew is a happily married man who likes to bike, hike, swim, and
15 climb a bit. He also enjoys chess and kenpo karate. He comes from a
16 physics background but has an extensive experience of lots of computer
17 languages and technologies. His business experience is what we are
18 going to benefit from at the beginning, but I wouldn't be surprised if
19 he applied for a full ebuild dev position in the not so distant
20 future.
21
22 In the meantime I would like you all to give a warm welcome to quantumsummers.
23
24 Denis.