From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 23:43:17
1 On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 > There seems to be almost total apathy to this thread. I expected at
3 > least as much interest as the thread that announced the three
4 > expulsions.
5
6 I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see so little interest in this
7 thread. I think it's good news that our developers have other things
8 to do than being bothered with this.
9
10 One reason is I consider this a minor incident. But the main reason is
11 that it's up to the council to get themselves out of a situation
12 they've put themselves in. You can't be one day the body that rules
13 Gentoo, and go back to those who elected you the next day just because
14 it's convenient. There's an issue with consistency and credibility
15 here.
16
17 I trust they'll make the right decision, assuming there is a need for
18 a decision. And if they don't that's no big deal. We'll either vote
19 for a new council soon or sometime this summer.
20
21 Denis.
22 --
23 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list