From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Date-of-birth in developer applications
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:57:00
1 On 06/20/2018 10:32 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 >> (ii) verify legal age for
4 >> entering into agreements. One can argue that without further
5 >> verification of (ii) it has less value, but at least that would be a
6 >> misrepresentation so shifting the question a bit if it ever becomes an
7 >> issue with FLA/DCO etc.
8 >
9 > a. 'Legal age' may differ per country, so birth date alone is not very
10 > useful.
11
12 Its useful but not complete
15 > b. There is no reason to store the full birth date if all we need is
16 > a boolean whether someone is of 'legal age'.
19 This might be sufficient, although would bring up interesting scenarios
20 if 'legal age' changes etc.
21
22 > c. We don't even have any clue what to do if someone is *not* of 'legal
23 > age'.
26 They would likely require parental approval to be a gentoo dev to begin
27 with with some FLA co-signed by parent as they can't sign DCO themselves.
30 Kristian Fiskerstrand
31 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
32 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3