From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Comrel Improvements: Expectations of Privacy - action plan
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 12:27:28
1 I've already stated my thoughts/concerns around the other points, so I
2 won't reply to those...
3
4 On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
5 > 4. Under what circumstances will information be shared with a
6 > government authority/etc?
7 > 1. when required
8
9 This is obvious, but I guess what I could have made more clear is that
10 we need a written policy explaining our position on all of the points,
11 including this one. Presumably this would include some explanation of
12 what happens if a government asks for our information, at least at a
13 superficial level. "Gentoo will comply with any proper government
14 request for data in any jurisdiction in which it owns property or has
15 a legal subsidiary" or something along those lines.
16
17 I don't think we'll get much disagreement that regardless of where we
18 end up on any of the items we discuss we need to document this in the
19 policies.
22 Rich