From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Arch-status reviews during Council meetings
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:23:16
1 Dear everyone,
2
3 During yesterday's Council meetings we talked, among other things of
4 course, about making the review of activity on all the supported arches
5 (i.e. primarily the turnaround time for keyword/stabilisation requests)
6 a regular item on the agenda of Council meetings [1]. The current plan
7 is to have this discussed at least once every 6 months. The question is,
8 when exactly.
9
10 Personally, I am leaning towards June+December. NeddySeagoon pointed out
11 yesterday that the June meeting is the last one in a Council term,
12 however I don't think that would be a problem - barring some
13 catastrophic failure in the operation of an arch team it is IMHO
14 extremely unlikely the council itself would have to take major actions
15 following such reviews, and if such a catastrophic failure ever occurs
16 keywording delays might be the least of our problems.
17
18 Conversely, I would very much advise AGAINST the following:
19
20 - just say "every 6 months at most" and be done with it - let's save
21 ourselves the trouble of having to keep track of when the last time the
22 review took place was, shall we?
23
24 - July+January - the first meeting in a Council term AND immediately
25 after the Christmas / New Year holiday period
26
27 - August+February - holiday season in both summer and winter
30 Opinions? Suggestions?
34 [1]
35 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/sites/projects/council.git/tree/meeting-logs/20220109.txt
38 Marecki

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature