From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2021-01-10 (late call, meeting this week!)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 20:50:16
1 On 2021-01-11 05:57, desultory wrote:
2 > So, just to be clear, you are pushing a suggestion which received much
3 > more negative feedback than positive and which you avoid following
4 > whenever possible?
5
6 General information: Even if a proposed motion has received more
7 negative than positive feedback, you are still allowed to ask council to
8 vote on your specific motion like others are free to ask council to vote
9 on alternative motions instead.
10
11 As someone who was also part of the discussion: I for example got
12 triggered by the rational paragraph. I was concerned about the idea to
13 enforce a specific type of communication like excluding people because
14 someone believes this is an unnecessarily long email (*who* decides
15 something like that; what are the criteria...). This is not part of the
16 change we voted for. From my understanding we only voted on adding a new
17 paragraph which doesn't add anything new but clarifies stuff. I
18 therefore had no problems to vote for this change.
22 Regards,
23 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
24 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature