From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2017-07-16
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 10:44:48
1 On 07/12/2017 03:47 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 06:56:25PM +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
3 >> Dear all,
4 >>
5 >> The new Gentoo Council will meet on Sunday, July 16th at 19:00 UTC
6 >> in #gentoo-council on FreeNode.
7 >>
8 >> Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to discuss
9 >> or vote on.
10 >
11 > Based on the on-going discussion about stabilization policies, I would
12 > like to ask the council to consider moving glep 40 to withdrawn status.
13
14 My understanding of GLEP workflow is that we can only do a replacement
15 GLEP in this case, which was briefly discussed and mentioned as a likely
16 outcome from wg-stable if agreeing on the policies.
17
18 Given the short time for the meeting I don't see us having the
19 possibility to come up with a well thought-out proposal for a vote in
20 time for it, but we have ample time for the meeting itself, so I'm
21 adding a discussion item to the agenda:
22 """
23 3.Discussion about the current situation of the stable tree
24 ===============================
25 Discussion about the current status of the stable tree, and whether it
26 makes sense to replace GLEP 40 with something reflecting current state
27 and expectation of Gentoo Developers and users. One possibility here is
28 re-igniting the efforts of wg-stable with additional members now that
29 there seems to be further interest in the discussions.
30 """
31
32 I'll send out the final agenda later today.
35 Kristian Fiskerstrand
36 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
37 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3